PodCraft | How to Podcast & Craft a Fantastic Show
Podcast Discovery Stats in 2020 | How Do Listeners Discover New Shows?
April 06, 2020
The Podcast Host
We recently ran a listener survey, exploring the discovery and listening habits of 780 podcast consumers. 41% of participants have never run their own show before.
Read the full report
Some of the key takeaways were
- 40% prefer to search their listening app's directory to discover new podcasts
- Podcasts are judged mostly on the description, and then their episode titles
- People don't care if they've never heard of the podcaster, or their guest
- 28.9% of listeners will give a show up to 15 minutes to “hook” them
- 27.5%, on the other hand, will only give it 5 minutes
- The vast majority of listeners are fine with ads in podcasts, within reason
- Going too long can lose you more listeners than going too short
Support the show (https://pod.academy)